Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) Seafarer Medical (ENG1)
Club de Mar Medical is a registered clinic offering ENG1 medicals. The ENG1 is an assessment of medical fitness to work at sea and can only be carried out by an MCA Approved doctor.
Who needs it?
- Any member of crew
- Any person working on a ship or seafaring vessel
- Any person in charge of a seafaring ship or yacht
- Members of the Merchant Navy
What to Bring?
- Current (in date) photo ID for example passport or national ID card.
- Your old original ENG1 certificate (if you have one) or equivelant.
- Print the digital form below, and complete in capitals.
- Medical reports from your GP or hospital Specialist, if there is an ongoing or new health issue.
What do it involve?
- Completion and discussion of the MCA medical health questionnaire.
- Physical examination including height and weight.
- Urine testing (to assess how well your kidneys/ body is working).
- Vision testing (near, distance and colour).
- Audiometry testing (hearing test).
Your ENG1 Certificate will be issued at the end of the appointment, unless a medical condition is found which requires consultation with the MCA.
The longest duration of the certificate is 2 years.
COST: 150 Euros +IVA (includes certificate).
When you book your medical, we require a deposit of 50% to secure the appointment. This will be deducted from the cost of your final medical. Non attendance will result in the loss of the deposit.